A Brief 9/11 Timeline

by Anthony C Heaford (1300-words / a 6-minute read)
26 July 2019 (Last edit: 25 Dec 2019) 

April 1997
McCormick Place Exhibition Centre, Chicago

Executives from a London based company called Longulf Trading went on a remarkable shopping spree at the Converting Machinery Manufacturer’s international trade show in Chicago. They ordered about $3-million worth of top-end graphics, printing and packaging equipment for an ill-defined end-customer in Yemen.

I was demonstrating a machine on my employer’s exhibition stand when a few men of south Asian appearance approached and enquired about purchasing one. Within ½-an-hour I'd shown them the practical bits and the salesmen were holding a signed contract for a $100,000 deal with payment to be made upfront and in full. The Longulf executives said the end customer was in Yemen, but they were very vague about the end-customer's name. First they said it was GenPak but then changed it to GemPak, after being told GenPak was an existing multi-national company.

No delivery address or machine specifications were given and the sale was immediately referred to as suspicious  by one salesman. A second salesman responded to that suspicion by saying: 

“Don’t ask any questions, they just paid list price for our top machine."                                                    

11 June 1997
Logan airport, Boston
(the departure point of both flights that hit the WTC on 9/11)

When travelling to Logan airport Boston for a flight to Toronto, from exiting a taxi on a public road to taking my seat on the aircraft I'd not had any security checks, not one. No questions, no metal detector, no hand-luggage x-ray or inspection - nothing. 

At check-in I’d shown a credit-card in exchange for my boarding pass and there was no passport control that I remember. There was a security desk with a metal detector and x-ray machine but they were unmanned and unplugged. I told the air-stewardess at the aircraft door with some concern, stressing that there'd been no security checks within the airport whatsoever. She told me not to worry, saying “that's normal"

As the aircraft climbed and circled I looked towards the unsecured cockpit door just a few metres away and perceived with horror how easily an aircraft could be hijacked and turned in to a missile.

12 June 1997
Sunworthy Decorative printing factory, Canada

Upon arriving at a customer’s factory in Toronto I refused to start work until I was given firm assurances by the factory manager that my airline hijacking fear from the previous day’s flight would be passed to national security services with a sense of urgency.

I said that the same group who bombed the World Trade Centre in 1993 would attack again, but using a hijacked civilian airliner departing Logan airport. The manager said he'd contact the security services that same day.

I gave my warning to a Canadian citizen because I didn't know who to contact with such a warning and I feared being misunderstood. I gave the factory manager my business card and ask him to identify me as the origin of this warning.

20-26 September 1997
Taiz city and Al Qaidah town, Yemen

I unwittingly gave members of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s terrorist cell an exact outline of how a 9/11 style attack could be carried out. The terrorist cell was operating from inside the HSA Group’s HQ compound at PO Box 5302, Taiz, Yemen

The terrorist cell’s front company was the end-customer of Longulf Trading, who’d purchased the machine in Chicago five-months earlier. Longulf Trading is in fact just the HSA Group’s London trading office, established in 1977.

The YemPak employees were mostly Pakistanis and all attended the school (Madrassa) at the compound’s own mosque. They told me the correct company name was YemPak - short for Yemen and Pakistan. During the machine installation the two machine operators I was training asked about travel in the USA and specifically New York. I gave them the same warning I told anyone who would listen: I said the group that attacked the World Tade Centre in 1993 would try again but next time using a hijacked civilian airliner as a kamikaze piloted missile. Later the Chief of YemPak, Mr Saeed Alrobaidi, casually confirmed my travel warning before arranging three meetings:

·      First a man came to my hotel that evening. Over dinner we discussed my fears and warnings of a 9/11 style attack in detail. This included Logan airport lack of security, the use of box-cutters as weapons, the use of multiple planes to strike multiple targets, landing one plane safely, and likely reactions and responses to such an attack.

·      The next morning the Chief introduced me to a man he called the Engineer . I now know the Engineer was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. There was a group photo with us together but I did not speak to or interact with the Engineer in any other way.

·      After the group photo I was taken to an isolated collection of buildings near a town called Al Qaidah and an unscheduled meeting with about ten-unknown men. That meeting was cut short at my behest and I continued my journey to the airport without further incident. 

 02 December 1997
Brooklyn, New York

I repeated my warning of an imminent 9/11 style attack to two machine operators I was training. They advised me to tell a senior partner of the printing business, a Mr Dan Barkochba of the Ultra Flex Packing Corporation.

I again detailed the attack origin, method and target before giving Mr Barkochba my business card and asking him to pass my warning and details to the appropriate security services. Mr Barkochba said that he was well connected with such security services and that he would pass my warning on.


Due to my detailed and accurate warnings given in the USA and Canada four years previously, I expected an imminent visit from US or British security services in the hours and days following the attacks. 

When no visit was forthcoming I assumed that my information was already known and not needed, or that my very vague suspicions about events in Yemen in 1997 were erroneous.

February 2009
British Counter Terrorism Command

A day or two before swearing an Oath of Allegiance to join the British army, I called the British counter terrorism command and advised them of my vague suspicions of having met Al Qaeda in Yemen in 1997. I sensed my suspicions were dismissed and I've never been contacted back.

April 2015
British Counter Terrorism Command

I identify the Engineer from my September 1997 meeting in Yemen as being Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the accused 9/11 mastermind held at Guantanamo Bay military prison. I immediately advised British counter terrorism command but they again dismissed my assertions and I've never been contacted back.

March 2017
Sir Graham Brady MP

During a meeting with Sir Graham Brady MP I passed him a detailed dossier containing my evidenced allegations. Sir Graham forwarded my dossier to the entities noted below with links to the correspondence:

 Secret Intelligence Service 
Intelligence and Security committee
US embassy in London

March 2018
US Pentagon & Guantanamo Bay Military Court

A US army officer (employed by the 9/11 commission as an investigator) contacted me via facebook messenger, expressing 'great interest''  in my claims which included meeting Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in Yemen, etc.

He proposed sending a team of investigators to Manchester to interview me three months later, in June 2018.

April 2018

I declined the US army investigator's invitation to interview after my Pentagon Defense Information Security Officer liasion refused to even discuss my status as a 9/11 trial witness with me.  

July 2019
Guantanamo Bay Military Court

The 36th pre-trial hearing before the start of the five seperate trials of the five men accused of complicity in the murder of 2,976-people in 2001 has concluded. The prosecution attorneys say they are still “in discovery”, i.e. they are still investigating. 

Almost eighteen years since 9/11 and almost eighteen years of perpetual War, and they are still investigating.